Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ben is...

29 today!!! Happy Birthday Benny! So, I titled this blog Ben is... because as I was thinking about what he has accomplished in his 29 years of life. I decided to go through some of the things that makes Ben who he is. And maybe brag a little bit too. That's okay, that is what wives are for, right?
Ben is...an AMAZING husband. We've been married almost 3 years and I can honestly say that he has far surpassed my expectations of what a husband should be. Not only husband, but he is also an amazing son, grandson, brother, uncle, etc. His family is very important to him and he never puts himself before any of them.

Ben is...a golfer. Well, not really a golfer, but he likes to golf. He started playing about 5 years ago and now has a good (which apparently means expensive in the wonderful world of golf) set of clubs, but he hasn't had as much time this summer as he would like to work on his game.

Ben is...a college graduate! After changing his major 3 times, he started to wonder if it would ever end! Well it did in May of 2008. His Bachelor of Science degree is in Physical Education with an emphasis in Exercise Science. He is also a personal trainer and received that certification the fall after he graduated.

Ben is...a member of the United States Air Force. He enlisted on September 11, 2001 and has been to Iraq for a few months in the service. His patriotism astounds me. Every time we are at a sporting event or something similar time is taken to honor our veterans, I get an overwhelming sense of pride when I see how much support and love they are given.

Ben is...a pilot. That was his first of 3 majors in college. He received his private pilot license, but never finished the program in school. He found out that he gets air sick so that wouldn't have been the best career choice, eh?

Ben is...a Rugby player. Well, his is a former Rugby player. He played for Utah State University for quite some time and loves the game. I got so scared when I watched him play and for good reason; it's a brutal game!
Ben is...a great friend. He loves hanging out with his buddies and now all of their significant others. It's getting harder and harder to get quality time in with all of them, but when we do get to see them, it's always a great time! Ben is...a performer. For those of you who know Ben, you know how much of an understatement that is. If there's ever a performance to be made, he's the one making it! Whether it's dancing, singing, story telling, etc. he's in. He doesn't get embarrased very easily and is very good at making people laugh. Here's a tasty little morsel from our last cruise...enjoy!

Well, this is only a small part of what makes Ben who he is. He is such a caring a loving person. I admire his work ethics and his drive to succeed. I can't wait to see what Ben will be...in the next few years. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BENNY, I LOVE YOU!!!

9 comments:

The Monsen's said...

Happy birthday to you...Happy birthday to you....Happy birthday dear BEN!! Happy Birthday To You!!!
Hope he had a great day!

brooke said...

what a sweet little tribute to your hubby:) hope he has a fantastic day!
and i had no idea he was in the air force and had been to iraq... so cool!

Kristin and Dan said...

such a fun post! i hope that he had a wonderful birthday!! hopefully you guys will be out here next summer so we can have a party for the big 3-0!!!

Jenny said...

Wow...that video is amazing! Haha!Happy B-Day Ben!

Unknown said...

Ben is Favorite! Jen is Favorite too!! But if we can only have one its okay cuz their both favorite! Miss you guys lots! See you Monday...

Mary and Gary said...

Ben is ... awesome!!!! Tell him I will make him some chocolate chip pumpkin bread for his birthday. :) We miss you guys!!!!

Brandon said...

Was that a little foreshadowing going on in the end there. "I can't wait to see what Ben will be...in the few years" either. Drag it!

Natalie said...

Okay, you are not allowed to post funny videos like that! I bust a gut! Your Ben is a hoot. We miss you in Logan :)

becky and lance said...

happy birthday ben!! jen, you are such a cute wife! this post made me cry (weird maybe?)! i can't believe he joined the air force on 9/11, that is so cool! miss you two!!!